Wednesday, October 10, 2012

She’s A Daisy

Yesterday k had her first Girl Scout meeting.  I used to be a Mini Scout and continued on to Brownies.  I have fond memories of Girl Scouts and wanted k to try it out too.

mini scouts

Somewhere along the line, I guess Mini Scouts changed to Daisies.

003

005

Kaper Chart

My job was to make the Kaper Chart.  I had to google “Kaper Chart”, as I had never heard of it before.  I wasn’t able to find one that I wanted to copy exactly so I busted out my scrap paper and markers and came up with this.  k was very excited to be the flag holder at the first meeting.  Looking forward to a great year!

3 comments:

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

You did a good job, it's so cute!

ringmaster said...

i just googled kaper charts as well and by far i loved yours the best. can you tell me how big this is? i am in charge of making one for our troop.

thanks
heather

Lauren said...

Thanks guys. The chart is just under 12 inches in diameter (that way I was able to use 1 piece of scrapbook paper for the background. For the inner white petals, I used the template at http://twistynoodle.com/d-is-for-daisy-5-coloring-page/
Other tips are that I had it laminated for durability. For the clothespins, I put the girls' names on both sides so that the names wouldn't be upside down as they go around the circle.